Master i Familiedyrsvidenskab programmet er et universitetsbaseret efteruddannelsesprogram målrettet dyrlæger med minimum 2 års fokuseret erfaring fra familiedyrspraksis.SE MERE
Master’s degree in Companion Animal Neurology at the University of Copenhagen
Starting in November 2023
Modern companion animal veterinary practitioners are continuously met with higher demands and expectancies to level of expertise, advanced diagnostic work-up, treatment strategies and specialised surgical procedures. The Master in Companion Animal Neurology is a postgraduate education targeted small animal veterinarians seeking Continual Professional Development (CPD).
The Companion Animal Neurology programme is a 2-year specialisation track consisting of 3 course modules and a Master's thesis. The programme has a strong focus on advancing the participants understanding of pathogenesis, diagnostic options, therapeutic possibilities and disease control with regard to conditions affecting the central and peripheral nervous system of companion animals.
The modules are each a 5 days on-site course at the University Hospital for Companion Animals, University of Copenhagen. The programme modules include theoretical lectures, case-based approaches and practical sessions applicable for implementation at specialised companion animal clinics.
Course I: Applied Clinical Neurology: The neuroanatomical and clinical platform
Course II: Advanced Diagnostic Clinical Neurology: The advanced diagnostic toolbox
Course III: Neurosurgery (especially targeting spinal surgery) and Neuro-Ophthalmology
Practical sessions (wet labs) included in the clinical neurology Master’s programme are
· Workshops on the clinical neurological examination and lesion localization
· Interpretation sessions and advanced workshops of neuroimaging including CT and MRI
· Workshops on CFS collection and interpretation
· Workshops on neuro-surgery of the spine
Specialisation course 1: 13 - 17 November 2023 [week 46]
Specialisation course 2: 15 - 19 April 2024 [week 16]
Specialisation course 3: 11 - 15 November 2024 [week 46]
Course director at the specialization track on Companion Animal Neurology
Professor Mette Berendt, DVM, PhD, National Specialist Veterinary Neurology, Associate Mem ECVN
The course lecturers are national and international Diplomates and Academic Specialist in Neurology, Neurosurgery, Diagnostic Imaging and Clinical Pathology that are all internationally recognized in their field.
· Joane Parent, DMV, MVetSc, DipACVIM Neurology, Professor Veterinary Neurology. University of Montreal, Canada
· Fraser McConnel, BVM&S, DVR, DipECVDI, CertSAM, MRCVS, RCVS Specialist in Small Animal Diagnostic Imaging
& EBVS® European Specialist in Small Animal Diagnostic Imaging. University of Liverpool, UK.
· Patrick Kenny, DVM, BVSc (Hons) DipACVIM Neurology, DipECVN, FHEA, MRCVS, SAHS-Vets Specialist Hospital, Sidney, Australia
· Holger A Volk, PhD, DipECVN, PGCAP, FHEA, MRCVS, Professor Veterinary Neurology. University of Hannover, Germany